Vacancy for ACCA at The Leprosy Mission (TLM)
Job Title : Sr. Finance Manager
Number of Vacancy : 1
Qualification : ACCA/CA Professional Certification
Experience : More than 5 years
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- Relevant Finance or Accounting qualification
- A qualified accountant such as ACCA or CA with significant experience in relevant roles.
- At least 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in financial management of complex development projects and donor funding.
- Experience in program/project fund, grant accounting using of different cost centres for financial analysis and budget follow-up.
- Ability to create a strong vision for the team and inspire others to greater performance, professional standards, and results.
- Previous experience in a similar organisation within the INGO sector would be advantageous.
- Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheets, worksheets, word processing programs, and payroll software.
- Must have managerial work experience including direct supervision of professional staff, contracts and sub-grants management, the ability to lead complex program/project financials and keep the team motivated.
- Must have experience in managing grants or contracts with external funding agencies or institutional donors. Proven transparency, accountability, integrity, and good character, especially in the stewardship of resources.
- Must have proven capability in working and coordinating partnerships.
- Must have Knowledge of Nepal’s financial and tax regulations, especially those pertaining to non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations
Overall, Purpose of the job:
The Sr. Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting, financial management and reporting, oversight of procurement, management of sub-contracts and financial budgeting of program activities. The major duties include internal control systems and procedures; forecasting and realigning operational and project budgets; training and mentoring staffs on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial best practices, as well as working closely with the project office personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive management. S/he will be a strategic thinker and effective leader who will make appropriate financial decisions.
Key Task & Responsibilities:
Lead Finance Function– Provide direct oversight and support to the Finance Department staff and ensure that all transactions and financial reports follow finance policies, local laws, and accounting standards, as well as donor requirements.
Internal controls- Ensure the project implementation is done in compliance with the SWC and donor requirements. Comply with TLMN financial and other policies and establish reliable internal control procedures. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and organizational resources are appropriately utilized. Lead and oversee the internal control processes of the organization and partner NGOs to ensure internal controls are following the finance policies. Lead the development, documentation, implementation, monitoring of internal control and compliance requirements.
Program/project finance– Support the program/project activities to ensure the senior management team and project leads have adequate support required to implement planned activities. Lead and oversee the management of the partner sub-grants on projects. Supervise the sub-grant agreements with assistance from the Finance Department.
Grant Management- Lead and supervise the financial grant management in coordination with other departments in budget preparation, ensure grant transactions are recorded and financial reports are produced correctly, appropriately, and in compliance with grant agreements and organizational policies and procedures.
Project Management– Lead the monthly and quarterly project reporting status to donors and be in regular communication with donors to comply with their reporting requirements.
Oversee the accounting- Ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to TLMN Head Office and Donors as prescribed. And is responsible for the collection of financial monitoring information to provide accurate, timely statistical reports.
Analyze financial and statistical information: Analyze TLMN financial reports monthly; track key indicators and timelines. Provide written or verbal analysis to department leads.
Oversee budget management preparation: Work with Finance and Program and Administrative staff to see that the organization’s budgets are prepared as required by TLMN policies.
Collaborate and take inputs from the Head of Operations and Finance, SMT and department leads on the impact of program plans on financial needs and resources. Work in consultation to prepare project cash flows; establish and implement budget control and monitoring mechanism; analyze variance and recommend corrective actions.
Coordinate or provide support to the team: Advise and consult with TLMN Project Office Finance staff to see that best practices are shared, and training needs are met by staff or from outside sources.
Recommend fund transfers: Work with the Project Office to assist in meeting funding criteria, recommend and prepare funding requests to be reviewed and monitor funding against budgets.
Fund Management: Ensure that all funds are recorded accurately and on a timely basis, and the required financial reports are reviewed and submitted by the prescribed deadlines.
Audits Facilitation: Facilitate both internal and external audits as well as respond to internal and external audit recommendations in a timely manner. Ensure that major financial risk issues and gaps in systems as highlighted in the internal audit are addressed.
Leadership: Provide leadership to inspire, motivate, and build the Finance team’s capacity in pursuit of organizational objectives.
Manage the Finance team and evaluate performance, planning, goal setting, monitoring, feedback, evaluation, and development.
Train the team members in accounting concepts, internal controls policies and financial analysis/reporting.
- Undertake field visits to validate systems and procedures followed, comment on data integrity and train partner/community on applicable accounting and reporting skills.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Maintain corporate relations with banks, donor agencies & partner organizations.
- Review payroll and tax, social security calculations.
- Support Human Resources Department in the areas of retirement fund, staff related insurance and other payroll related benefits.
- Ensure all relevant Government Acts, Rules, and Regulations like provision of taxation, Value Added Tax as applicable are followed.
- Identify and monitor risks relating to legal and statutory compliances.
- Any other Accounting and Finance related tasks as advised by the Country Director.
Leadership and People Management
- Create and maintain learning and sharing environment and establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and foster leadership at all levels to respond to challenges.
- Effectively manage talent and ensure constructive team dynamics and staff well-being. Supervise TLMN finance department and create a culture of feedback, especially when resolving complex problems.
- Promote accountability, cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
- Design and develop capacity-building work plan for staff and partners and provide leadership to coordinate and manage the partnership.
- Ensure that TLMN Core Values and Mission Principles permeate the organization at all levels, but especially at the local level with communities and families in need.