ACCA 2022 Exam Preparation Guide for Beginners
What is ACCA? The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Institute, founded in 1904, is the world’s professional accounting organization that awards the title “Chartered Certified Accountant.” ACCA is a rapidly expanding international accounting association with over 200,000 members and 500,000 students in 180 countries.
To become an ACCA in Nepal, you must pass 13 exams, including four computer-based exams, complete a three-year Professional Experience Requirement (PER), and pass the Ethics and Skill Professional Module.
When is the ACCA Exam Held?
ACCA offers four exam sessions every year, in March, June, September, and December, which gives you plenty of flexibility and choice when you take the exams.
June 2022 Exam session
- Exam entry opening date: 8 February 2022
- Standard exam entry deadline: 2 May 2022
- Late exam entry deadline: 9 May 2022
- Exams will take place between 6-10 June
- Results will be published on 18 July
September 2022 Exam Session
- Exam entry opening date:10 May 2022
- Standard exam entry deadline: 1 August 2022
- Late exam entry deadline:8 August 2022
- Exams will take place between 5-9 September
- Results will be released on 17 October
December 2023 Exam Session
- Exam entry opening date: 9 August 2022
- Standard exam entry deadline: 31 October 2022
- Late exam entry deadline: 7 November 2022
- Exams will take place between 5-9 December
- Exam results will be released on 16 January
March 2023 Exam Session
- Exam entry opening date: 8 November 2022
- Standard exam entry deadline: 30 January 2023
- Late exam entry deadline: 6 February 2023
- Exams will take place between 6-10 March
- Exam results will be released on 17 April
Some Guides and Tips to Pass ACCA Exams in 2022
Since the exam is just around the corner, these are some of the best tips and directions you can use before, during, and after the exam.
- Prepare early:
- Never leave your exam preparation at the last minute.
- Be up-to-date:
- Collect all the information regarding the exam and be familiar with the exam structure and syllabus.
- Use most of the time on revision and preparation for the exam.
- Set a preparation plan:
- Prepare a daily achievable goal and target.
- Use past papers and questions:
- Practice from past question papers to get familiar with the question structure and the crucial questions.
- Don’t stress:
- Never stress and panic before the exam. Get sound sleep at night and have healthy foods before the exam.
- Understand the question correctly:
- Instead of jumping right into the question, spend some time reading and understanding the questions and problems.
- Start from easy:
- Never spend the first hour of your exam on the difficult questions. At first, solve relatively easy questions and later go on to the difficult questions. In this manner, you will be able to manage your time correctly.
- Give answers to all the questions:
- Never leave a question unattended. Write at least something you know. If you don’t have enough time to answer the question fully, write down the essential points, so the examiner knows you know the subject. Earning an additional is always beneficial.
- Follow all the rules and regulations:
- During exams, never do the things that are prohibited. Doing such acts can get you expelled from the exam centre, and you will automatically fail the exam.
- Review the questions:
- After the exams, review the questions and find out the areas of error so you can know the mistakes.
- Get rest:
- If you have to take other exams, first get some rest and prepare for the other.
These are some tricks and guides you can use to pass ACCA exams. If you have any other tips, you can comment below.